Sick? Go to the doctor! And follow their advise!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wareagle

Reaction score
Sadly, a 22 year old girl that worked with some of the children at my son's school didn't and they buried her yesterday. She ended up getting the flu and let it go. It then turned into pneumonia and she ended up in the hospital for treatment. She was told to go to the doctor for a follow up a few days after she was released from the hospital, and didn't. Four days after her scheduled follow up, she had a heart attack and died at home. The autopsy revealed that she had a blood infection as a result of having pneumonia. Don't know why it wasn't caught at the hospital, or any of the other details...

Admittedly, I am one that will let something go longer than I should. Going to the doctor is probably my least favorite thing to do, and not as much for seeing the doc as it is dealing with the insurance paperwork crap and office personnel (clerks and jerks) with the personality of a stick. In the past five ears, the instances of a doctor actually running within thirty minutes of an appointment time can be counted on one finger. Then there are the opinions, diagnosis (whatever that would be plural), and the million dollar prescriptions... No wonder they call it a practice! I digress...

Seriously, if you are sick then take care of yourself!

That's a really sad outcome.I had pneumonia myself just before christmas,and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.How she could function relatively normally whilst so seriously ill is completely beyond me.I didn't know my own name!
A chest infection usually results in pneumonia,so if you have a really bad feeling,go to the doc.I did,and spent a day in hospital being given 4 IV's to re-hydrate me.I'm only just starting to come right now,some 6 weeks after the event.Your lungs and breathing are your lifeline,don't ignore problems.

There is a shot to prevent the worst type of pneumonia. it is supposed to be good for 5 years. mine is about due for re-up, thanks for reminder about pneumonia. john

Thats terrible I have to agree some times I think the same thats why they call it a practice.

I had the flue which turned into pneumonia but I was lucky I guess. They did say I was lucky I came in when I did. I am one that will put off a doctors visit as long as I can still get out of bed. I do now get the flue shot every year and a pneumonia shot on schedule I do think it is every 5 years for that.

Sadly, a 22 year old girl that worked with some of the children at my son's school didn't and they buried her yesterday. She ended up getting the flu and let it go. It then turned into pneumonia and she ended up in the hospital for treatment. She was told to go to the doctor for a follow up a few days after she was released from the hospital, and didn't. Four days after her scheduled follow up, she had a heart attack and died at home. The autopsy revealed that she had a blood infection as a result of having pneumonia. Don't know why it wasn't caught at the hospital, or any of the other details...

Admittedly, I am one that will let something go longer than I should. Going to the doctor is probably my least favorite thing to do, and not as much for seeing the doc as it is dealing with the insurance paperwork crap and office personnel (clerks and jerks) with the personality of a stick. In the past five ears, the instances of a doctor actually running within thirty minutes of an appointment time can be counted on one finger. Then there are the opinions, diagnosis (whatever that would be plural), and the million dollar prescriptions... No wonder they call it a practice! I digress...

Seriously, if you are sick then take care of yourself!

Sounds like she got sepsis from toxic shock syndrome, that is, from tampon use, rather than the Pneumonia.

Mechanical Pneumonia

Ten years ago I came across a medical journal listing several types of Pneumonia and there was one type that caught my attention. Inhaling excessive fumes from aeromodel engine fuel which is primed with chemicals can be deadly with inhaler suffering from very serious pneumonia like sickness. Wayback in 1961, my kid brother was given a "Cox'' Aeromodel Engine and a can of the latest diesel fuel which smelled good. I spent hours every day for a week to get engine started and running. Shortly I had Pneumonia and recovered but it came back weeks later and became double pneumonia and I could not breathe lying down and had to sit up.Temperature hit 105 F and beyond. It became so bad and mum thought I was a goner and had Rev.Father to give me the last rites. That night I myself thought I was a sure goner but made my mind to fight back and live. Come next day I was well enough to admit myself into hospital.Two weeks later. Rev.Father was so happy to see Gus,live and kickin. Recovery was very painful,with all my hand/arm/feet leg muscles severely weaken by the very high fever. Took three years to go back to recover completely.
Take precaution when using the exotic aeromodel engine fuel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back