Siamese Twin completed....pics and video

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Well everyone I finally have it completed. What a feeling of satisfaction to get this cleaned up and running (I can't seem to quit grinning). I have had it running for almost 2 hours now (little pancake aircompressor seems happy enough). I am going to say it again I am sure glad I found this board. It gave me the motivation and knowledge I needed to get it completed. Later, once I get a boiler I will change the plastic tubing to copper and route the lines the same way I did the plastic.

P1010231.jpg

P1010230.jpg

P1010232.jpg

Beautiful Bob!

Shall we assume an addiction is born? ;)

Rick

Good job, Bob.

It sounds good when it's running too.

Kenny

Sweet, I like to see them fire up full blast RPM like at the end of the video and roll wide open. Thats the fun part. Thats a fine machine. I look forward to seeing your next creation.

I would be building engines if people would stop bringing me job shop work like pulleys and jigs to build. Im making money but not too much. I want to get back to making engines.

Great job, Bob. Sweet running engine and it looks great!

Chuck

rake60 said:
Beautiful Bob!

Shall we assume an addiction is born? ;)

Rick

Rick you know it! Now I want to build a dedicated air supply just to run the engine (s). ;D ;D.

I sent David Goodfellow a thank you email and some pics with the link to the video...and BTW I mentioned the board.;)

I am thinking a vertical twin incorporating some gears for the valves. ;D

Mike and Chuck thank you..:)))..

Mike, luckily I am finally getting time to settle back into my shop and build stuff like this. The last 3 years have been crazy but the log home is pretty much completed now.

Chuck can't wait to see your's running. It's comming along nicely.

deere_x475guy said:
Mike and Chuck thank you..:)))..

Mike, luckily I am finally getting time to settle back into my shop and build stuff like this. The last 3 years have been crazy but the log home is pretty much completed now.

Chuck can't wait to see your's running. It's comming along nicely.

feel free to post pictures of the log home in the break room, a home made house is an old dream of mine. I woulds love to see it from dirt floor to standing home. ;)

Hi I'm a new member, can you tell me where i can get the plans for the thin? I've tried to log on to hobbysteam.com but can't connect to their web site

Hey Bob,
Nice engine ;D. I enjoyed the video. You are convincing me to take on this engine for my next project.

Cheers,
Phil

Thanks for the info I'm going to try this one . Iv built a few others so far

Gary welcome to the board and it looks like Shred got you taken care of with the link. It's a real thrill to sit watch and listen to this thing chuging along.

Thanks everyone for you kind words. Now to decide on the next one..))))

Way to go Bob!!
There aren't many feelings as good as seeing new metal run and knowing you are the reason it does.

Steve

That is a great running engine:O) With all those flat surfaces, it screams "Jeweling". You should try it. It's really easy.

Wes

deere, that is a great model you have there. The workmanship looks great, it runs great, and as the others have said, it sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing with us. I think we all get that bit of "when it first starts" excitement when a new engine is posted.

Latest posts

Back