Sherline DRO wiring

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russel

Reaction score
Well, I did a nice one this morning! My little Sherline 2000 mill doesn't reside on the bench in a permanent fashion. It is stored on a little table out of the way. So, this morning I pick it up carefully and place it on my workbench. It looks like the first thing that I will need to do is secure the mill vise to the to the mill table. So, I operate the Y axis to move the table out from under the mill spindle and wonder why it seems a little stiff. Right about the time I figured out what the problem was the wires pulled out of the X axis DRO sensor! Oops! It turns out that as I set the Mill down on the bench the X axis wires were caught under one of the feet on the mill. So, I spent the first part of the day with the mill re-soldering the wires back on to the DRO sensor.

DROdamage.jpg

If this is the worst goof that I make, I'll be happy. In any case, I figured that I would post photos of the wiring inside the Sherline DRO sensors and label this post so that someone doing a search could find it.

Here it is with the wiring pulled off:
DROnowires.jpg

Here is a photo of one of the other DRO sensors on the machine so that I could figure out the wiring:
DROwiring.jpg

I am going to have to figure out a way to secure the wiring so that this doesn't happen again!
SherlineMill.jpg

Glad you soldered it back (and it works ;))

I have a 5400 -- I had a problem with my Z axis stepper... I'll post the problem repair and solution, may give you an idea on how to secure the cables...

Beautiful mill. Beautiful. I like it so much better than mine...

tom

Tom, thank you for pointing out your thread. I will be following it.

Russ

Latest posts

Back