Servo Products -- great customer service

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred

Reaction score
So I acquired an old Servo Type 70 power table feed that needs a little TLC (switch gone bad, a few parts AWOL). I pop by their web site (www.servoproductsco.com/) and no info on the Type 70. Not too surprising since I think it went out of production 20-30 years ago. But I would like to know what size motor brushes it needs, so I send them an e-mail and hope. Only an hour or two later I get a reply, with "the first few hundred Type 70's used 3/16x3/16 brushes, but all the rest use the same brush we use today 3/16x1/4-- if yours is one of the early ones, let me know and I'll try and find you a set around here"..

Also included, even though I didn't ask for them, is a full set of exploded drawings and parts list. Even more cool.

Then they faxed me schematics, component lists and board layout, plus a bunch of hints on disassembling and reassembling the unit and what spares to get for the switches since the originals are obsolete, saying "try to keep it running another 30 years".

All this for free, for a unit they don't sell spare parts for anymore.

That kind of customer service is rare these days and needs to be recognized. Kudos to Servo!

Latest posts

Back