Searching for a model maker

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernd

Reaction score
The subject line tells all. I came across this note on a model engineering list. The post was made by Veronica Merryfield and her question was/is "Anyone heard of Johan van Zanten? and a website of the same?

Below is an example of his work"

IMG_4752.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg

Some very nice work. I did a quick google. Found the name but it didn't tie in with anything steam engine related. But then I'm not a very good googler either. ;D I should also mention the pics were sent to her by a friend in Oz. So if any of you Ozzie's recognize the name or know who might have such pics it would be great to know.

Regards,
Bernd

Yes, I've heard from that modelengineer!
He is from the Netherlands has no internet site. The model you see on the pictures is a Diesel engine that runs on diesel as it is supposed to do! He is a member of the dutch modelengineering club "Stoomgroep Holland".
He is well known for the excellent models he builds.

Nemt

Just look at the workmanship and detail in that 2nd picture !! :bow:

Yes he is in Oz and displayed at a show in Adelaide ( Bob's home town and my old one) other than that i dont know much either I know he travels between Adelaide and the Netherlands often, attends shows in both countries but for now thats it.

will look some more later on but I have some issues to chase today and the next week so forgive me if i am slow with this

cheers

jack

Quite all right Jack. No hurry. I just happened to see this ladies note and thought with the collective knowledge of this group that someone would come up with an answer. I've relayed the info back to her.

Thanks.

Bernd

Latest posts

Back