Scorpion V8?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T70MkIII

Reaction score
Has anyone here built John Thompson's Scorpion V8?

I have just received my copies of the 1999 SIC back issues covering the build and plans, but I can find nothing on the net about the trials and tribulations of anyone who has successfully built one. I'd love to see some photos or video if anyone has any links.

Thanks

T70MkIII said:
Has anyone here built John Thompson's Scorpion V8?

I have just received my copies of the 1999 SIC back issues covering the build and plans, but I can find nothing on the net about the trials and tribulations of anyone who has successfully built one. I'd love to see some photos or video if anyone has any links.

Thanks

A quick serach on Google I found this: http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/Washburn.htm
CS

Thanks, crankshafter

In the SIC articles Robert Washburn adds some of his comments to the original design notes, referencing his 90% complete engine. I still can't find anything from someone who has finished one and fired it up. Maybe I'll be the first (on the net anyway)? It will be a long time between now and then, though.

Back