Scale Hardware

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portlandron

Reaction score
Who in the U.S. has a good supply of scale hardware (nuts, bolts & flat washers)?

Been spending more time then I like machining my own scale flat washers and nuts.

Got some scale nuts from Micro Fastners and the price was good and quality very good. But they do not have scale flat washers.

American Model Engineering Supply has scale flat washers put even in quantities of 100 the price works out to .12 to .14 cents each.

Is there any other places to look in the U.S.?

What size are you looking for.
McMaster carr Has brass and nickel plated brass washers.
Regular brass all the way down to 000 size. but anything smaller than a No 2 and you are talking about $8.00 for 25 washers in contrast nickle plated no 2 washers are only $1.69 for a hundred. quite doable

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-washers/=uth6ma

Tin

I think he is looking for scale model fasteners, and McMaster doesnt have them. The ones from Micro Fasteners are alsonot very good- the hex bolts have heads that are to thin. For nuts if you look for the small pattern ones and McMaster does have them.

Make your own seems to be the only real answer. I just made 4 hex bolts to mount my Morrison and Martin vise model.

Latest posts

Back