Santa's vintage generator

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes
I was wondering if a photo or real.

Dave

Jeff, Despite looking like vintage steam, I'm guessing diesel. I base this on the tank mounted high on the wall and another larger tank on the floor near the ladder, which may be a tank for make up oil. I'm looking at the view 00:11 into the video.

Thanks for posting this.

Merry Christmas,

Chuck

Hi Chuck. Looks like diesel, but I have seen few if any open crank mulit-cylinder vintage diesels. Must be real old timers. At first that's what caught my eye. At 43 note the horizontal oil lines behind Santa, at 55 note the governor detail just in front of the flywheel, the cylinder head detail, the control and switchgear room at far left, and way down the hall there appears to be another differant size generator. The building looks like the old engine or generator halls of the early 1900's. There was, or still is somethng further down the building hall. Maybe hydro with diesel standby. Interesting background detail for motorheads not generally seen in TV ads today. Santa has taken good care of them.
Jeff

Back