Rudy Kouhoupt's Steam tractor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben_Imbrock

Reaction score
I am building Rudy's steam tractor according to some Popular Mechanics plans I am borrowing from a friend. Frankly, the plans leave a little to be desired which is surprising. There are no assembly drawings, except to general ones of the whole engine (both sides), but NONE regarding small assemblies. Does anyone know if the plans from Village Press are more comprehensive? Thanks for any comments. BEN

Ben,

I'm using the Village Press plans to build my version of Rudy's Steam Tractor (See thread Building Rudy's Steam Tractor. The plans are very comprehensive. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Dennis

Dennis: Thanks for your reply. I kinda suspected that the book from Village Press might be a good investment, because the ad states it is 80 pages, so I went ahead and ordered the VP book today. As an aside, I am watching your postings about the steam tractor you are building -- up to now, they have explained a lot that I could not get out of the plans I have (the Popular Mechanics version). I also want to add my name to the long list of guys who are enjoying the pictures and comments you are putting on the internet. Your work is superb and lots of the tips are unique and VERY helpful. If I knew how to post pics, I would take some and post them. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the reply to my query. BEN

Back