RECOMMENDED MACHINEST PUBLICATIONS

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QMAN56

Reaction score

I currently have subscriptiosn to the home shop machinest, projects in metal, and live steam. is anyone else aware of other publications out there that they would recommend for a machinest enthusiast ? Thanks

QMAN,

I've been a subscriber to Model Engine Builder (Tin has the link above) for about a year. I really enjoy the magazine and the tremendous amounts of info and ideas within.

Jeff

If you want to explore CNC, there is Digital Machinist, published by the Village Press who are the same folks that do Live Steam, Projects in Metal, HSM, etc. There are projects that can be made non CNC and of course articles on CNC conversions etc.

Jim

For general model engineering, there is the British magazine Model Engineer. I believe the US subscriptions are handled by EWS.

Some of the construction series can be very long and it is mainly devoted to live steam, although most other model engineering disciplines are covered from time to time.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Village Press also has Machinist's Workshop. Its about the same as The Home Shop Machinist. Seems to be geared towards the smaller machining a bit. Articles on the Taig and Sherline in the current issue. They do a bit on guns in each issue too.

Matt

Problem with Model Engineer is reciving the publication. Subscriprion office seems to be rather keen on coffe breaks...

Latest posts

Back