Re-make of my first engine : part 2

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're a real spoilsport Steve, nearly got rid of it that time. A couple of more posts and Ralph would have been stuck with it.

If I get any more little cutting bits floating my way, I will save you some. I used two on the finger engine bases, so they don't last all that long. The lads in the States say that they can get the same sort of thing but in stick form, maybe someone can point Ralph in the right direction.

John

Ralph may end up taking the King of Bling title.

John will be left with nothing more than a broader chest and a grin that moves
his ears farther back on his head for seeing just how far a student can go.

I have that just watching the threads!

Kudos to BOTH John and Ralph!!!

I'm loving seeing this passed on!

Rick

Ralph,

I stared at that last pic of the engine turning. Nice job. :bow: :bow:

If you look at it long enough you can get a 3-D effect. That mistake you think you made actually has given that piece of metal some depth to it.

Bernd

Great work Ralph ;D ................ I might be asking to come along for lessons ;D

Dave

Rick.
Thank you, and if I get the title it's no biggie... I'll just pass it on to the next one who blings a few things up BRETK springs to mind... That real shiny beam engine :bow: I'm sure that John will be happy to take it back in future too!

Bernd.
Thank you for starting me on a mini quest to find out about the turning. If you remember I started by asking about you using an eraser from a pencil :) I'm glad you like it, (if I look long enough at it I go queasy!! ;D ) for and experiment and my first go I'm reasonably happy with it ;)

Dave.
Thank you also ;D Where abouts are you hiding in the U.K. ? (fill out your profile! ;) ) I'm sure it is not too far for such things to be possible? Although lessons sounds a bit like I know what I am doing!! I am pretty much doing the same as you... Just a year or so (and numerous mistakes) further along ;D

Ralph.

Ralph,

Thanks for the compliments on the beam engine, but that lamininated flywheel and all those curves - out of this world :bow: :bow: :bow: More curves than a Victorias Secret Catalog ;D ;) ;D

-Bret

Divided He ad said:
Where abouts are you hiding in the U.K. ? (fill out your profile! ;) )

Wakefield, West Yorkshire ;D ............... profile filled in, thought I'd already done that ::)

Dave

Great work ,looks great and thanks for showing us.

Ian.

Back