Question for Steve Huck on PeeWee V4 Cam

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuhncw

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I'm working on the spreadsheet for cutting my Silver Bullet cam, using the offset cutting method from the article you wrote based on the PeeWee cam. I cut a practice cam this summer and felt the spreadsheet was a big help.

Now several months later, I am ready to cut the cam for real, so I've been studying the process again and noticed my practice cam has the lobes oriented such that the engine would have to run in reverse for this cam to be correct. I can rework my spread sheet to correct this.

The Silver Bullet crankshaft rotates clockwise and the cam counterclockwise as viewed from the front of the engine as the crank drives the cam directly.

Now to my question. Viewed from the front, in which direction do the cam and crankshaft rotate in the PeeWee? Does the cam gear run on the crank gear or is there an idler in the PeeWee?

This has been one of those learning days, but luckily the learning is on paper instead of in steel.

Thanks.

Chuck

Peewee has an idler gear so it spins clockwise.

I don't know the arrangement of the SB compared to the Hurcules but if they are the same I could send you the Hurc chart. I have 2 charts. Stock and Much better. The Peewee has the much better cam in it. Your email address is hidden or you would already have them.

Latest posts

Back