Pultra 17-70 chip tray mounting threads

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedge

Reaction score
I have just aquired a Pultra 17-70 lathe.
Can anyone tell me what thread is used in the stud holes on the bottom of the chip tray, for mounting the lathe to a bench?
Ken

Pretty sure it's whitworth , I will check mine and let you know !

Sorted out the threads 3/8" Whitworth.
Another little problem has presented itself, I need to strip down the headstock to replace one of the lubrication wicks.
I have the instructions for stripping down and reassembling the headstock, but is there any special way to remove the pulley key?
Ken

The pulley key is awkward but I managed to lift it with a small flat blade screwdriver tapped with a hammer , file off any burrs when re-fitting.
After removing the pulley key the spindle will push out through the bearings and spacer.
There is quite a bit of Pultra and BCA stuff here http://www.unionsteammodels.co.uk/forum

Last edited:
Hi Abby

Thanks for the reply the rear of the key on my Pultra had been ground to a slope.

I was given this tip for removing the key which worked fine, thought you might like it for reference.

Through the back of the headstock (where you removed the cover) grip the length of the key with a small pair of Electricians side cutters and lift straight up.

Ken

Latest posts

Back