Power hacksaw

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnay

Reaction score
I have a Keller No 1 wet cut power hacksaw that I am rebuilding.
I can't find any information on how to set the blade lift spring or adjust it to properly lift on the back stroke.
Can anyone out there help?
The old photo before rebuild shows the cam lift mechanism
The new photo shows my rebuild in progress.
Mike

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

By forward stroke, I mean the stroke towards the motor. The teeth point that direction. It will lift in the reverse or back stroke.

Mike

I have a Keller #2 which is a bigger version of your's. The base is enclosed in mine. There are several other differences also. I had never seen a #1.

Mike..they normally work the opposite way to hacksaw..they rise on the forward stroke away from motor and cut on return stroke toward motor..teeth should point toward motor..very nice to see an old machine given a new lease on life..you have done a good job ..when you have worn your blade out give it a touch up on grinder..they make great scrapers....clem

I am calling the forward stroke the stroke towards the motor, maybe my terminology is wrong. Anyway, I still haven't figured out how the lift mechanism works. It has a spring and a cam on the arm that should lift the blade, but it does not seem to work.

Anyway thanks for your interest.

Mike

Latest posts

Back