Phase II 250-107 universal cutoff holder

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nx06563

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking to replace the tightening screw in a Phase II universal cutoff blade holder. It has a LH thread at one end and a RH thread at the other with no head on the screw just a socket for an allen wrench.

The socket head is wallowed out so I cant tighten the holder for the cutoff blade.

Anybody know where to get such an animal or any ideas on how to make one?

I am in the middle of a project (cutting grooves on a cast iron cylinder for an air cooled engine) so I dont want to mess with it till I am done and I can't measure it till I am done. I probably wont be able to tighten it one more time and still get it loose.
Thanks,

Hogan

It's probably easier to just buy a new holder, or alternatively disassemble and weld/solder the head of a 10-32 socket head screw onto the end.

I think I will probably try to weld a new bolt to the end of the screw and use the socket for a place to stick the turned down end of a bolt or screw.

thanks for the suggestion. Its really against my principles to throw away something just cause of a bad screw.

Might be a good cottage industry making replacement screws for cutoff blade holders. I am sure mine is not the only one with the same cheesy screws.

Why not call Phase II and see if the part is available: 800-526-9087

Generally you can buy parts from the original supplier. The screws used in tool holders and insert holders are subject to much wear and frequent replacement so they are available as spare parts.

Ideally you would get Phase2's part number before calling a vendor. You should be able to get a manual online if you don't already have one.

Didn't see your reply in time. I did query Phase II thru their web site and haven't got a response yet.
I checked with Shars tools thru their web site since they have a similar tool holder and I assume they are probably all the same. They responded immediately.
I ordered 2 of their replacement screws at about $5 apiece. We will see if they are the same and I will let you know.

Thanks,
Hogan

PS Shars phone number I ordered thru was 630-443-6822. They did not give me a part #.

Got an e-mail back from Phase II with the part number (250107-9062) for the blade tightening screw on their 250-107 holder and also got the screws I ordered from Shars.

Shars screws worked just fine.

ready to cut grooves on cylinder again.

Latest posts

Back