Pair of PMC Imps (Diesels)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rklopp

Reaction score
Over the past month or so I built this pair of PMC Imps like the ones Gail chronicled here. I used Ron Chernich's plans from Model Engine News.

They are about as identical as I could make them. All parts are interchangeable, except possibly the piston and contra, although even those are darn close. (I have not tried to interchange them.) They both run great, although one likes to start backwards as often as forward. I had both going at once this afternoon, which made quite a racket, because I was running them in the garage due to the cold. I aimed the exhaust out the side door.

I'd say the performance is on par with the ML Midge, although the Imps are a little heavier.

P1136662.jpg

They look very good, rklop. Congratulations.
Imps are such fun.
Gail in NM

Hi RK,
Lovely work again, they look really superb. What do you have planned next?

I've had a long break but am about to start on a new engine this week

Regards - Ramon

Ramon
I have a few projects in the backlog. First is to finish a Morton M-1 4-stroke. I need to redo the valve cages, because they leak, and figure out why the ignition coil is not providing a spark. Then, I should move onto the Morton M-5, followed by finishing 6 off of Upshur twins that are 80% complete. Somewhere in there, I should re-design and make new venturis and needle valve assemblies for a Clanford Clan and 3 off Gordon Nano 0.1-CC engines. The latter four engines fire and run on prime, but the fuel systems are not working.

No rest for the wicked.

RKlopp

That should keep you busy for a while :)

I have a Bentley BR2 lurking under the bench in a state of flux. Lots done but lots to do - I try to do a bit more now and then but 'now' isn't very often these days.

Looking forward to seeing those Mortons in due course if updating these drawings go well I should be making chips come the weekend

regards - Ramon

Latest posts

Back