Oscar the bionic cat

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
This British kitty lost his feet in a harvesting accident. He received prosthetic feet from a caring pioneering vet and a couple of University engineers.
I love the line" The key to all great technology is tape and because Oscar is black . I am not going to put brown feet on a black cat so I going to put some black tape on."
The other great line is "He was not supposed to do that the first time he walked." I guess he forgot to tell the cat. Anyway enjoy
clip from the BBC
[youtube=425,350]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vcy78rnDKiQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vcy78rnDKiQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
[/youtube]
Tin

Yeah saw this program the other night on tv.

The cat tries to jump after walking about after coming out of the anaesthetic.

Truly remarkable job

Gordy

Truly amazing.I've heard of dogs having a little "cart"made for them when their back end was put out of action,but cats need to be able to get to places a dog can't.
Full marks to the vet and his team.

this is good. Glad to see Oscar get another go at life. Modern tech. is really great

i too saw this programme and was truely amazed at the idea and how simple the principle of the idea was against how effective oscars new legs were not to mention how quickly oscar accepted and adjusted to haveing his new legs it was truly a feat of engineering talent only problem is i didnt think of it first
and the what they did for the arthritic labrador wasnt too far off genius neither
all ive got to say is with the upmost respect
thats what happens when you give your kids meccano for christmas

johnthomp said:
it was truly a feat of engineering talent

Heh, this would have been a good time to misspell feat as feet

Back