Wobbler

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Wagon173, Mar 8, 2013.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Mar 8, 2013 #1

Wagon173

Wagon173

Wagon173

I know it's just a little guy, but it took me literally FOREVER to make it so I was pretty amped when I got to watch it run finally! I learned a lot of neat stuff while making it too. I think I'm going to go for a flame eater next!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PJm7a4OD6cQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry the video is so short. But my compressor is noisy and it's really small.

2. Mar 8, 2013 #2

aonemarine

aonemarine

aonemarine

Very nice!! Whew, glad you didnt get addicted to those wobblers. They should come with a warning lable like pop corn. bet you cant build just one....from a previous wobbler addict.

Wagon173 likes this.
  3. Mar 8, 2013 #3

Wagon173

Wagon173

Wagon173

I was thinking about building a double wobbler. Maybe later on if I'm bored and swimming in the scrap bin maybe I'll build another one. I'd like to progress though. If I'm going to build a small replica 454, I have a lot yet to learn :) The wobbler was simply me taking several of y'alls advice and starting small so as to prevent to many expensive "oops" moments and more imoprtantly to prevent the "ouch" moments. I'm thinking maybe a flame eater and sterling ant then I'll be ready for a small IC and then I'll progressively add cylinders. Hopefully by the time my skills are up to par I'll be out of the army and back home with a shop big enough to house a decent size lathe and mill along with the rest of my metal fab equipment. Right now I have the bare essentials in the shop and the rest in storage though I did finally pull out my small mig today :) [​IMG]

4. Mar 14, 2013 #4

Mbusha

Mbusha

Mbusha

Crotchety member

Is that a one or ten beer project? :)

I once knew a guy with an ice boat. We could tell how fast he was going by how far the empties were apart! Sometimes 2 to 3 hundred yards. :eek:

5. Mar 16, 2013 #5

Wagon173

Wagon173

Wagon173

Lol that was the victory beer! I didn't really notice it was in the photos until after I'd taken them.