Wobbler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagon173

Reaction score
I know it's just a little guy, but it took me literally FOREVER to make it so I was pretty amped when I got to watch it run finally! I learned a lot of neat stuff while making it too. I think I'm going to go for a flame eater next!

IMGP0323_zps5b51fc70.jpg

IMGP0324_zps6d181673.jpg

IMGP0325_zpse74cacd4.jpg

IMGP0326_zps8ffd892e.jpg

IMGP0327_zpsd1787879.jpg

IMGP0328_zps6f328eab.jpg

IMGP0329_zpsaee3a9d2.jpg

IMGP0330_zps75662dce.jpg

IMGP0331_zps10569738.jpg

IMGP0332_zps20d5811e.jpg

IMGP0333_zps6f9a8758.jpg

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PJm7a4OD6cQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry the video is so short. But my compressor is noisy and it's really small.

Very nice!! Whew, glad you didnt get addicted to those wobblers. They should come with a warning lable like pop corn. bet you cant build just one....from a previous wobbler addict.

I was thinking about building a double wobbler. Maybe later on if I'm bored and swimming in the scrap bin maybe I'll build another one. I'd like to progress though. If I'm going to build a small replica 454, I have a lot yet to learn :) The wobbler was simply me taking several of y'alls advice and starting small so as to prevent to many expensive "oops" moments and more imoprtantly to prevent the "ouch" moments. I'm thinking maybe a flame eater and sterling ant then I'll be ready for a small IC and then I'll progressively add cylinders. Hopefully by the time my skills are up to par I'll be out of the army and back home with a shop big enough to house a decent size lathe and mill along with the rest of my metal fab equipment. Right now I have the bare essentials in the shop and the rest in storage though I did finally pull out my small mig today :)
IMGP0319_zps9f051500.jpg

Is that a one or ten beer project? :)

I once knew a guy with an ice boat. We could tell how fast he was going by how far the empties were apart! Sometimes 2 to 3 hundred yards. :eek:

Lol that was the victory beer! I didn't really notice it was in the photos until after I'd taken them.

Latest posts

Back