Online Metals Flat Rate Shipping

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChazzC

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found in today's email:

20240415 Online Metals FR Shipping.png

They had a similar deal going last year (or maybe the year before?), but just on bar stock. No coupon code required, and no expiration date listed (but it can't last forever!).

That's a pretty good deal. I like their broad selection of materials and sizes, particularly in the 2024T3 aircraft aluminum tubing sizes, and the 4130 chrome moly and the A513 DOM steel tube. I've tried a few other places, but Online Metals always seems to be running some sort of deal to keep me coming back.

That's a pretty good deal. I like their broad selection of materials and sizes, particularly in the 2024T3 aircraft aluminum tubing sizes, and the 4130 chrome moly and the A513 DOM steel tube. I've tried a few other places, but Online Metals always seems to be running some sort of deal to keep me coming back.
Just for signing up for emails & texts you get a minimum of 10% off materials, more if you buy over $200 in a month.

I love these guys and fortunately for me they have a distribution center about 15 minutes from me so I use the "Will Call" option and just go pick it up. If I order early in the morning, sometimes I can pick up that afternoon. Otherwise it is usually the next day.

I love these guys and fortunately for me they have a distribution center about 15 minutes from me so I use the "Will Call" option and just go pick it up. If I order early in the morning, sometimes I can pick up that afternoon. Otherwise it is usually the next day.
Do they sell drops to those who walk-in?

One advantage of buying from Online Metals is that you don’t pay extra shipping if your order comes from multiple locations; back before McMaster included shipping in your cart I was bitten by this as they charge actual (-ish) shipping and I paid more than I thought reasonable. However, when I complained, they 1) refunded all the shipping charges and b) told me that they will quote shipping if you sent them a message requesting one - since I have yet to send a message that wasn’t answered within an hour no matter when I sent it this was a great service.

Do they sell drops to those who walk-in?
I am not aware that they do and I would think it to be unusual for them to have drops since they sell in small lengths including custom cuts if you don't need a 12" increment. That said, I have occasionally seen on their site offers of "Miscellaneous Boxes" which maybe comprised of drops. Just another tidbit is that their site offers a lot of information about the materials they offer, what properties are and what common uses are.

I am not aware that they do and I would think it to be unusual for them to have drops since they sell in small lengths including custom cuts if you don't need a 12" increment. That said, I have occasionally seen on their site offers of "Miscellaneous Boxes" which maybe comprised of drops. Just another tidbit is that their site offers a lot of information about the materials they offer, what properties are and what common uses are.
Yes, their “Proto Boxes” are made up of off cuts; I was thinking that if they allow walk-ups you could pick what you want from those off cuts.

You’re right about the info they have available, it saves time looking in multiple places to learn about the different materials.

Back