Old new guy

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillC

Reaction score
Hello all,

This must be the place! I have slowed down on my engine projects so need to get back at it. I've built a couple of fairly good running IC engines and a few EC engines too. I have more 'in work' and casting sets that I will probably never get to especially with my current shop work enthusiasm. Built a small NC mill to do the repetitious work but it has done away with castings and pattern work. It has become too handy to do work other than my main interest - the IC engines.

The engine project at the center of the bench is a 1956 Harley Davidson engine - semi-scale. The cases and gearcase cover were NC machined of 7075; flywheels of mild steel with hardened dowel pin crank pin to run needle bearing forked rods. I have a good start on a Seal Major too. Working on a cam/CS grinder too.... I posted a couple of photos of a Jacobs Gear Hobb that I built a number of years ago that I still use.

Drawings are done with KeyCreator as well as CAM programs. This CNC mill is the best thing to ever happen in this shop! I modified an ENCO knee mill with ball screws and servo motors run with Mach3 and it's a blast to run and it is mesmerizing to watch...

Thanks,

Bill C.

BillC said:
Hello all,

This must be the place!
Bill C.

Yes Bill this is the place!! Welcome.

You have already violated the most important unwritten rule, Pictures!! We love pictures of what you have done, are working on, and what you are thinking of doing.

Would love to see photo's of some of the unfinished IC engines!!

Steve

Welcome to da place Bill, if you can't glean some inspiration here then there's no hope! ;)

Bill,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

OK, photos....

Hpim0066.jpg

HPIM0068a.JPG

Hpim0068.jpg

IMG_2821.JPG

More....some of these I have posted on the Mach3 site too a while back when the HD was hot...

IMG_2803.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG

I'll get over onto a better place to post more....I may need to go take a few more too - see; inspiration already! This IS the place!

Welcome BillC. Neat pictures. How about some of the ic engines and which cam grinder and CS grinder you thinking about?
ironman (Ray)

Welcome BillC. Thanks for posting the fine pictures. You should fit right in here!! :)

Bill L

tel said:
Welcome to da place Bill, if you can't glean some inspiration here then there's no hope! ;)

AMEN! Just looking around a bit....you guys are plenty of inspiration. There is an amazing amount of very interesting engineering going on here. I'm going to be compelled to dust off some machinery and get back to work. My problem is sorting out what project do get on with - too many going on at the same time. I was last building a TIG welder - not sure why now but I was pretty far along with it....I need to go through some of these stacks of drawings too....

Thanks much,

BillC

Hi Bill,

Welcome here! Man, you sure know ow to program your CNC mill! Part looks great.

Regards Jeroen

Thanks all,

Computers; they're much like women....tough to get along without. You learn to operate them and they do you too...One large learning curve learning how to program at my age.

Now I forgot what I was working on...... ;D

Happy you're enjoying the photos.....more to come.

BillC

Latest posts

Back