Not so pretty

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coomba

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my first IC engine. It was a winter project that I worked on, when I wasn't hunting coyotes. It also was the first time I ever used a mill. It's not so pretty but it runs. Special thanks to Brian Rupnow for his advice, and encouragement. Any suggestions on a second engine?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN8CLu6aYnQ&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Looks good and runs good, can't ask for more than that
Vince

Excellent job!!! Congratulations on your first i.c. engine. I know that you went through a few trials and tribulations with it, as we all did with our first engines, but in the end you have a runner. My suggestion to anyone who has successfully built the Webster, and want to take a "step up" to the next level of complexity is the Kerzel hit and miss engine. The Kerzel is very much like the Webster, with an atmospheric intake valve and a cam operated exhaust valve. The difference is that it has a functional water jacket around the cylinder for cooling, two flywheels, and the dreaded "hit and miss" components. The plans are a free download from the internet, and are 99% accurate.The Kerzel was my second engine, and I learned a lot from the build.---Brian

Latest posts

Back