Next Project

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wheels ans axles are finished. Now making the blanks for the gears.

100_5236.jpg

100_5238.jpg

How my gear blanks were made before my lesson. After all this is a hobby and I'm in it to learn. Pic 1 turning the gear blanks. Pic 2 repairing the blanks.I made to the wrong size was able to salvage all blanks. pic 3 the material I used all cast iron. No pic of distorting the blanks when my set up to cut the teeth failed.

100_5241.jpg

100_5243.jpg

100_5245.jpg

The wheels and axles are installed.It keeps getting bigger.Looking like something now.Sorry photo's aren't too good,flash on auto sometimes don't work well.

100_5264.jpg

100_5261.jpg

100_5258.jpg

The wheel cranks are finished. The jig in the magazine is a very good idea. Even tho I have a rotor table I used the jig to make the parts. The jig is wearth the price of the magazine.

100_5273.jpg

100_5312.jpg

The parts for the pump. Just need to to drill the small holes in the pins then put the pump together.

100_5470.jpg

Hi Ed,

Tom Thumb is coming right a long, and it's looking good. It's a shame that it takes two months for every issue to come out, but I guess it gives lots of time to build the parts.

I just started getting the live steam 2 issues ago, and I am amazed at the Tom Thumb plans. I even want to build it myself, but I have kind of put it on hold for right now, as getting all the back issues is kind of expensive.

But yours is coming along nicely,
Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Model Engines

Jon These plans and instructions are the best I've ever used. You can't go wrong with then.Get the first mag. of the series build throes parts then the next mag. and so forth. Ed

Very true, I guess I could do one issue at a time, I just know I'm 8 issues behind and at $11 a issue with out shipping. All at once it was going to be expensive.

Hi Ed,

I was just looking over the blueprints I already have and I was wondering what size of boiler the Tom Thumb is going to end up with?

I don't know the size of the boiler. I haven't receiver that part of the plans yet. Maybe by the end of the year. Ed

The parts from this mouths mag and the pump is put together. Now need to wait till May's mag for more plans.

100_5475.jpg

100_5477.jpg

Looks good, how much water can you pump with it?

Latest posts

Back