Newbie from Dayton,Ohio

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turk88

Reaction score
Hey..I am a model maker and new here. By model maker I mean I build prototypes out of metal, wood and plastics. I have to be a machinist, designer, CNC programmer, operator and welder.

I cam here because I stumbled upon a engine and I really want to build it. It is a Hula Hula engine. I have not been able to find plans for it anywhere and was hoping someone here could send me via email the plans.

I like the site and plan on sticking around to share my knowledge and to gain some of yours.

I also work with a guy that just joined, bostondan...he is real big into these engines and has many plans but none for this particular engine that I have fallen in love with.

Welcome Turk88,

There are many people on the site that can help so I hope your request is sorted out for you. I ma just saying Hi and look forward to seeing some of your work!
Mike

Thanks Mike. I am looking forward to showing some of my work to all of you here.

From one newbie to another, welcome to the greatest forum on the interweb, you will not find a better, more helpful and knowledgable bunch of people.

Tim

Turk...
I'll have to do a bit of looking, but I've seen those plans offered on Ebay. They are included in a compilation of engine plans that someone has been offering in book form. Philp Duclos was the original designer/ builder, but I've not gotten my hands on a copy of his plans.....at least not yet. I own one of these engines and they are a fascinating piece of engineering.

Steve

I saw that there was a book for about 50 bucks called "Two Shop Masters" that had the prints. I was hoping I could find someone on here that would be willing to share the prints.

I really want to try this out as well as making a Sterling Fan.

Welcome to HMEM! Looking forward to your future posts!

Turk:
Welcome

I saw that there was a book for about 50 bucks called "Two Shop Masters" that had the prints. I was hoping I could find someone on here that would be willing to share the prints.

Not trying to dowse your fire. The "Sharing" of copy written material is considered piracy and is illegal under federal law. Such activity will not be encouraged or endorsed in this forum.

BTW that book sells for $42 new from the publisher Village Press 1-800-447-7367
Tin

Hi Turk88

There are drawings & write up of construction of the Hula engine in 'Steam and Stirling Engines you can Build' Book 2. [Ed. J Rice]
ISBN 0 941653 18 8 also by Village Press.
And a whole lot more. No, I won't scan it ;D ;D

Dave

Wow...sorry if I offended anyone here by askign for these prints. As a machinist I know I have been on other boards and we share stuff all the time, especially the real cool stuff that can help someone become a better machinist in the long run.

I guess it is off to the library.

Thanks for the welcome to the site, I look forward to sharing information with all of you. ;D

Hi Turk!

Welcome to the club.

I wonder that are you really a Turk? I mean a Turkish guy? I'm asking this, because I am a Turk from Istanbul. :)

Regards

Erdem

No, I am not a Turk. I am a Romanian/German. My grandfather gave me the name as a baby and I have gone by that my entire life.

Latest posts

Back