New to machining

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeksGoneBad

Reaction score
Hi All! I'm just making a first post to say HI and ask advise on what my first engine should be and how I can make the best use of the equipment I have :)

I have a home made CNC machine (that can mill aluminum) and an Enco 3 in 1 machine (plus other odds and ends but those are the main)

I think I want to make a stirling or steam engine but really have no idea what might be a good beginner project

Stirling engines can be fussy at times and things need to be just right. I posted a good starter engine in the download area. I put it together for our local trade school and the class built a few and then sold them to fund some class materials and equipment. I would suggest it for a starter.

Welcome to the Forum!

You can find many great engines in the downloads section, look for the "EZ Engine" it is great for a first project.

There is also great free plans at this website. http://www.john-tom.com/

Kel

Thanks guys!

I'll check out that site and the downloads - Doc is your engine the "EZ" one or does it have another name?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back