New Stirling Pages

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWarfield

Reaction score
I've posted a couple of new Stirling pages to my site as promised:

Models: http://www.thewarfields.com/cnccookbook/CCStirlingModels.htm

Has links to informational, actual models, and a gallery of some of the cooler Stirlings I have come across. Here is my favorite so far:

dunmanstirling2.jpg

Barry Dunham built it, and I find the "coffee table" look together with the whimsy of marbles and test tubes to be highly entertaining. There are, of course, much simpler test tube Stirlings out there.

I also have a page of more useful Stirlings that is much more speculative: http://www.thewarfields.com/cnccookbook/CCStirlingGenerator.htm

This page concerns the potential to generate useful electrical power using Stirlings.

If anyone comes across useful links (as PowderKeg thoughtfully has!), feel free to send me a PM and I'll take a look at adding them to the page.

Cheers,

BW

Great job Bob!!! I made one of those marble engines before, but the test tube broke. I'll have to fix it and get it running again.

Thanks, Wes

Great links Bob, the marble engine looks great!, funnily enough, I made a flame licker with a flywheel like that but with cylinders instead of balls, I didn't post a picture of it because I thought you would all think it was a silly idea, getting it balanced and all that! ,now i see that someone else has done one I'll take a pic and post it ,it's at my folks house in England though ,so it may take a while!.....Giles

Didn't see Jan Ridders SITE either. He has some neat stuff, plus some working theory etc..

Eric

Here is a site with some that would be fairly easy to build. They are made mostly from tin cans

Tin can engines

Great addition to your site Bob!

Later, Wes

Bob, that is a beautiful model you have there! And thanks for all of the efforts in keeping your site going. There are a lot of us that enjoy visiting your pages.

Latest posts

Back