Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burns

Reaction score
Hi from down under to an excellent forum. I've been chasing the Radial engine R958 drawings by Bob Roach and castings by Bruce Satra. I've been in contact with Paul Knapp who took over the castings however he no longer produces them. Does anyone have surplus castings or drawings for purchase?
My background, engineering and 3d printing, I do a lot of hi resolution polyjet, super detailed full colour.

Thanks Carl, will do. From what I found both Bob and Vernal Engineering have passed on.

I had drawing sets and castings from Bruce Satra years ago. I believe I have the drawings and instructions for the R 985. Seems to me that there was a constant speed propellor design in that bundle too. Don’t know about legality though. The familes may retain the rights to the plans.

Welcone to the forum. Can you tell us more about the the polyjet?

Hi from down under to an excellent forum. I've been chasing the Radial engine R958 drawings by Bob Roach and castings by Bruce Satra. I've been in contact with Paul Knapp who took over the castings however he no longer produces them. Does anyone have surplus castings or drawings for purchase?
My background, engineering and 3d printing, I do a lot of hi resolution polyjet, super detailed full colour.
Welcome to the group

Dave

I had drawing sets and castings from Bruce Satra years ago. I believe I have the drawings and instructions for the R 985. Seems to me that there was a constant speed propellor design in that bundle too. Don’t know about legality though. The familes may retain the rights to the plans.

Welcone to the forum. Can you tell us more about the the polyjet?

Hi many thanks for your response, any way we could we discuss the drawings via mail?
Polyjet is rather like the inkjet paper printers, just lots of layers, info here on the machine I use J850 mainly in the medical field, some of my work here that may be of interest . It has a washable support material, its waxy and needs to be removed by water jet blast and hand scrubbing. Very fine resolution and the big difference is full colour including translucent and clears. The materials are mixed at the print head to allow colour and density changes/shore hardness variation. Staying with ridged materials gives you objects that can be highly polished, the soft materials are not so robust. Not a cheap 3d print, cost spirals with the build height. Biggest difference from other methods, is that in an assembly of stl parts, each stl can be specified a colour/material quality, and with the washable support you can make the proverbial working gearbox in one print.

Latest posts

Back