New member here saying hello.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Thomas

Reaction score
Hello all I'm Brian, I live in Salt Lake City. I am 34 and been doing this stuff for 20 years. I took every machine class in high school and ran the foundry there as well. I have several machine tools at home and am a profesional welder and master fabricator by trade. My lathe is of the hobbie type. Its a 1943 Lodge & Shipley 18" lathe its kinda heavy at 13,000 pounds but it gets the job done. I have a Tree 2uvr mill and a couple nice welders and all this and a hot rod jammed in my 2 car garage.
In the middle of building the dream shop out back but its slow going with the weather latley. I started building a associated lil brother Breisch model int he early 90's but never got it done. It sits on my desk now as a display. The plans got wet at some point so they cant be read very easy and I didnt have the best knowlage then and it is better not done. It was a good learning project. I have been looking at alot of stuff on here and am amazed at the level of craftsmen here.
I have plans for a air cooled Red Wing model but have several obligations a head of that but I will get one soon. I recently purchased a Hired Man engine kit. Mainly cause the buy it now was so low I figure it was worth sitting on. Any way I rambling now so I'll shut up and keep lurking. Hope to earn the groups respect with some nice work. Thanks every one.
Brian.

I just realized this is in the wrong spot! oh well I'll admit i'm an fng.
Brian.

Brian Thomas said:
Brian.

Never mind - nobody's perfect ;)

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome to the forum Brian. 13,000 lbs. eh? That ought to be a treat to move to your new shop digs once they are done :)

Regards,

Bill

Welcome to the forum Brian. Really like your avatar picture. Brings back memories of my old hotrods with flathead V8 Ford engines. Have fun here and remember we like lots of photos.

ironman(Ray)

Brian.

Well lots of folks that do not bother with an intro or just plain lurk.
Welcome to the board. things can be moved.
Tin

Thanks guys, I love pictures too. I will post some here and there. Tried photo bucket tonight but it was very slow so I gave up. Figured I would surf around here.
Brian

Brian,

Sounds like a great shop and a ton of experience working in metal. Would love to see the shop and some of the things that you are working on.

Best,

Nelson
***************.com

Back