New member from Buenos Aires

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nfk

Bottom Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I just discovered this site after looking for machining tips on model engines.
I`m completely new to machining, i bought a Chinese lathe 2 years ago knowing NOTHING about machining. I`ve just know i needed it to build some bells for a few brushless motors a was building.
After a few weeks, i was building a really simple steam single for my son using plumbing parts for stock :)
Right now i`m building an aero opposite twin, just to learn a few things. (own design!)
I will probably post a few photos if it.
I`m glad to be on-board!

Cheers,
Norberto

Ola Norberto from the city of the good weather! You seem to have made a very steep learning curve. Welcome, post many pictures, and enjoy yourself. There´s a tremendous amount of good info about machining here, in the past (and present) threads.
wEc1

Norberto,

Welcome aboard. wEc1

Please post pictures of your work because th_wwp

SAM

Hola y wEc1 Nolberto

As SAM said th_wwp

Regards
Gordy

Hi
Thanks for the welcome!
I`ll post a few pics after work.
I`m worried you get disappointed, the engines are full of tool marks and off-center holes! (but running!)
I`m still learning! (and buying tools!)

Ok, here are a few pictures of the first IC i made and the work in progress of my seccond.
The first one was born as a diesel, but i changed my mind after realizing i could not find ether anywhere :(
It`s running with a glow plug right now.
The next one is a work in progress, and i`m learning a LOT by building it. (i`m finding a lot of ways of how to NOT do things! no one was injured so far...)
My tools are quite limited, o own a small Chinese lathe (500mm BC) with only a 3 jaws, a drill press and a few files.
I needed a lot of imagination to fix square stock on the 3 jaws so i spend more time building fixtures than machining!
I`ve ordered a 4 jaws a few days ago and i`m thinking of buying a 2nd hand mill before next year.
Any tip or comment is welcomed!

Cheers,
Norberto

P1040593-1.jpg

P1040595-1.jpg

P1040597-1.jpg

Welcome to the forum Norberto.

Two years ago eh? You've got a few months on me. 18 months ago I knew nothing as well. This forum has been the most invaluable tool I've come across.

No worries about people being disappointed here. They enjoy helping at all levels.

Enjoy!

Norberto,

A running engine that you built yourself is good work.

Perhaps you can post a video of it running.

SAM

Noberto,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back