New from Minnesota

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcplanebuilder

Reaction score
My son and I have been lurking here for a while, and I've finally decided to dive in.

There seems to be a lot of good stuff here.

But, you know how it is nowadays, one more forum can be a big deal, time wise!

I think I have some pretty good stuff to share, and I'll try to dive in and figure out picture posting, and photos per post limits, and all that good stuff.

Like a lot of you, I do a lot of different things, so I hop around as time permits, from one hobby or "to do" list to another.

I've spent 4 years doing wire EDM, 16 years at the airline fixing jets, and a couple years now fixing CNC's (Mazaks, Citezens, Nakamuras, all at one big company). I have a small manufacturing company on the side, and normally my basic Grizzly mill and my small lathe are doing tooling and business duty. But lately I've tried to find more time for building fun stuff on them with my son. It helps when you are all tooled up and can find some slack time on them. You know the drill, you don't want to break a set up... ;)

You seem like a great bunch from my lurking here.

I'll try and find the correct forums, and formats, the best I can, until I get used to it here...

Heres a link with a lot of good pix to introduce myself. It's my business site, so forgive me if that treads thin on the rules or something. It's only meant for good stuff to look at there, and an introduction.

http://www.maidenusammp.com

Cheers,

Ted and Jeremy

Hello you two and welcome from the uk.. I also fly r/c and love flying from snow. Hasn't happened much in the last few years though. Nice web site you have.

Peter :)

PS. Big place I know but just wondered if you have heard of a friend of mine from Minnisota by the name of Bob Fenske.

rcplanebuilder

Ted and Jeremy :bow: :bow:

Welcome to HMEM. I am sure that you will find a good home here for your varied interests as well as a source of information if you ever need any. The group has a variety of expertise and you will fit right in. I look forward to following your posts as you start showing us what you are building.

Cheers :)

Don

Welcome to the forum Ted and Jeremy and thanks for the memory.

I haven't flown a model plane since I was a kid. But I remember doing a lot of drawing and playing around with skis for a plane.

Welcome Ted & Jeremy. With your background, I'm sure you will like it here.
Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Where in Minnesota are you located??

Thanks guys!

Sorry Mo, I don't know Bob... But you never know, it never hurts to ask.

Putput... I see you are from Brainered, cool. I am right in the middle of Lake Minnetonka. (The dry part, lol) West metro area.

Welcome to HMEM Ted and Jeremy.

Rick

Ted & Jeremy,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Latest posts

Back