Never enough power points or lights

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmuir

Reaction score
A couple of months back I had 2 twin tube 1.2meter fluorescent lights put into my workshop to add to the 4 single 1meter tubes I had in there and today I had a double otlet installed for my mill so I don't need to use an extension lead.
So I now have one 4 way and 5 two way outlets in my workshop, and what's the bet in another 6 months I will want another outlet. ::)

I also have a magnifying lamp on my workbench and still want to get a spot lamp for my mill and one for my lathe too......

Here is just what you need. Mount it horizontally on the wall!!

vertical strip.jpg

Alternatively, mount a strip on the front edge of the workbench. It's a good spot to avoid swarf getting into the outlets.

black85vette said:
Here is just what you need. Mount it horizontally on the wall!!

Now there is a thought.
I have an unused rack at work that has 2 ,14 point rails in it.................

Wonder if they would mind if I ruined a $7500 rack to improve my workshop? :big:

I knew when I built my workshop I would need more lights but thought I had power points sorted, but then I bought my mill...

Here are some pictures of what I did in my shop. I had three, 20 amp outlets in my garage when I moved in. I have installed 4, 20 amp tripp-lite power strips that just plug into the existing outlets. The power strips were designed to be hard wired but I simply added power cords so they could just be plugged in. Didn't want to have to deal with local permits, etc. These strips each have 12 outlets and are 3 feet long. Altogether now, I have 48 outlets which seems to be enough (for the moment!).

Shop3.jpg

Shop4.jpg

Wow, thats one tidy workshop.
I've just cleaned mine up and it still isn't that clean.

I doesn't matter how many power points you install, give it a month and the extension cords and power boards will be back. I think they get lonely and come looking for company. ;)

tel said:
I think they get lonely and come looking for company. ;)

Tel ........ :noidea: .... but do you have an answer to "odd socks" ....... out of the washing machine 8) ........... cos I don't :eek:

CC :big:

tmuir said:
Wow, thats one tidy workshop.
I've just cleaned mine up and it still isn't that clean.

That's cause I been busy getting it organized since we moved in 3 months ago and haven't really done any projects to mess it up!

Chuck

Latest posts

Back