Nemett Lynx 15 cc 4 Stroke I/C Petrol Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to believe ''Sizzler'' is here in South Thailand. The Steak is up to my taste though ''Medium'' was nearer to ''well done.'' Salad Bar was good. Had to skip dessert as the '' Mousse'' looks very tempting good.:cool:
Problem is if I unwind too much,getting to speed to complete and run Nemett-Lynx will be tough.:eek:

IMG_2650.jpg

Holiday trip over and now back on the saddle. The Nemett-Lynx Engine deserve a good looking exhaust pipe. Hopefully this DIY exhaust silencer will cut down the engine exhaust noise because I plan to vroom vroom it. It took 3/4 day to do plus the silver brazing.
Next on the list would be the Carb.Will take my sweet time to make it and also make it work as it should with Paul Swifty's engine.

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

did you use packing (like steel wool or something) in the exhaust or more of a pipe within a pipe with holes in it? its looking great!

Basis not to noisy. If so then mesh pad or heavy steel wool will be used as silencing medium. Thanks for reminding Gus.

Started work on the carby but while milling the blank to size,the mini mill packed shop on me at 8:30am. With time to kill,I might as well trim blank to size on the mini lathe. Its true skimming on the lathe is faster than milling.
By 4:30 pm mill both top and bottom end bearings replaced. It was the last two piece the bearing stockist has. With blank marked out. Work carby tomorrow.

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1477.jpg

Was making good progress tapping the 8 nos. 2mm holes for the carby flange. Tap broke when I came to the 4th hole.Luckily it did not break inside so no new carb body rework. Worked stopped as that was my one and only Japanese M2 Tap. Will work on the barrel and others tomorrow.
The ''Bush'' DRO was dismantled but put back in place to mill carb blank to required thickness. Same DRO will be left mounted on mill. Later in the future will improve overall appearance of Bush DRO to render it not so Bushy.

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

Hi Gus---For some reason I am not being notified when you post. I like to keep track of your progress, so will post something here again and hope that will fix things.---Brian

Hi Gus---For some reason I am not being notified when you post. I like to keep track of your progress, so will post something here again and hope that will fix things.---Brian

Hi Brian,

This week should see the Nemett-Lynx very near to completion except the start&run. Carb done.

After so many years of hit and miss silver brazing, I succeeded brazing brass to brass.
Tried placing job on a piece of plaster of paris brick left over from casting lead sinkers. Was surprised the Camping Gas Torch was enough to bring it up to brazing temperature and the tiny bit of 40% silver rod melted and sink into the joint . For insurance I added on a glob more. Previous brazing jobs were place on vise and took long time to reach brazing temperature with Brazing Gas--- Mapp Gas.
Will make a ''Bush" brazing hearth for future brazing jobs.
Carby incline mounted on engine less spray bar. Spray Bar will be another challenge as I have never attempted such a extended deep 0.8 mm hole. Will give three attempts. Failure of which will beg/borrow/steal/buy/exchange one complete set from my good friend Paul Swifty.

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gus, just take it easy when drilling the 0.8mm hole in the spray bar, peck at it and clear the chips often. Use your highest speed as well and you should be ok. Otherwise just let me know and I will send you one. On a 14x39 lathe, it was a real challenge for me as well.

Paul.

Reactions: gus
Hi Gus, just take it easy when drilling the 0.8mm hole in the spray bar, peck at it and clear the chips often. Use your highest speed as well and you should be ok. Otherwise just let me know and I will send you one. On a 14x39 lathe, it was a real challenge for me as well.

Paul.

Hi Paul,
Thanks for standing by Gus.

Spray Bar done. Was nail biting drilling the 0.8 mm hole. Did the pecking and withdrawal as per your expert advice.
Bought some micro drills from TokyuHands long time ago and these drills performed well. Will do the Fuel Needle in the afternoon. Same looks not too
scary.

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

I raided the wife's sewing box for a suitable darning needle, worked really well.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Good Day. Soon after reading your post I did same and found a 1.4mm needle which fit in.
The one and only I had was a dud with sharp point missing.

OK .Carby assembled,adjusted and done. The throttle lever is a ''temp'' and very Bushy Job. Will figure out a good looking one.
Will go on to finish up the Ignition Assembly. Start up by end next week looks possible but I am not gunning for it. Still have to figure out the Electronic Ignition.

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

Now figuring out the layout that is engine,fuel tank and Ignition System. Will take a week or so and no hurry.
Now taking my sweet time to admire my 5 months' labour. The engine support will be '' Simple Simon'' as my mini mill will be overstretched to cut fancy profile.The fuel tank will be a surprise.

IMG_1545.jpg

Not far away now Gus, I'm as keen as you are to see it going.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Now that I am so near the finishing(line),I am so relaxed(lazy too) and walking slowly to completion. Now raining heavily with a wee bitty teeny droplets into the 3 open sided machineshop, I have good excuse not working.:) Will enhance the throttle lever.

Now figuring out how to house the ''Electronic Ignition Kit..

I have "Pet Engine'' sitting next to my Apple N/book.

Two magnets in Timing Disc. Is this a must??

IMG_1548.jpg

Hi Paul,

Two magnets in Timing Disc. Is this a must??

Yes two magnets; as you are using a CDI the timing delay will be wrong as it will think you are going half speed. CDI's have no concept of revs. They only know about time intervals and need to know how long it is going to take for the crank to move from the trigger point to the TDC. With the camshaft going at half speed it takes twice as long and the firing point is then late.

Pete

Back