Nemett Lynx 15 cc 4 Stroke I/C Petrol Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Gus, are you using petrol or shellite (coleman fuel) to run the engine.

Paul.

Would like to try Coleman but not available here. Used Shell ''95''. The Jerry Can is about dried up .May go over to ''Shell V Power.'' Will report perforamnce
drop or improvement.;)
Will be away Nov 6-----10 for the "Floating Lantern" Festival where Single Women launch same and make wish for ideal husband. Taking fotos.
At 71 Gus is too old to qualify. :rant:
Happily married to Nellie for 43 years.:)
We have same festival and same lighted lanterns in China but not seen it yet.

I also bought the Model Engineering magazine a few months ago. I have started the engine. So far I've built the Cylinder sleeve, the air cooled cylinder and have started the crank case. My local supplier didn't have 2 1/2" square stock so I bought some 3" square and have whittled it down to size. I should have the crank case finished this week.
For each piece, I've made my own Autocad drawings, and converted them to imperial measurements. This gives me a in-depth look at each part before I start cutting metal.

Reactions: gus
I also bought the Model Engineering magazine a few months ago. I have started the engine. QUOTE]

Can someone tell me witch book I need for this build I have the book number they mention but the plans are not included:wall:

thanks for your help

Luc, if you go back to post #1 in this build, you will see the magazine that had the drawings included. You may be able to buy a reprint, check out there website.

Paul.

Hello guys

Just found and read this post with great interest and a certain awe!

I aspire to build this engine once my workshop is built and operational, next year. Conditions are too cramped and cold until then as winter has arrived.
This post has given me great encouragement and impetus.My materials collection is gradually meeting requirements.

What I have seen though is, I feel, a fitting memorial to the genious we recently lost. He will be very greatly missed.

I wish all a very happy Christmas and a prosperous and healthy new year.

Derek

I've got a good start on the engine. The front nose is finished, the air cooled cylinder is finished, the cylinder liner is finish. I made a crankcase, but broke off a tap in one hole and a drill bit in another, and wasn't able to them out easily, so I'm re-making the crank case. I'm doing autocad drawing of each part as I make it, with inch dimensions, which is a real pain. The only probem with metrics is when I work on the lathe, and need to crank in a few thou on the dials. So far is is fairly easy to build. Just don't use 6-32 screws unless you have too.

hblair--You're crankcase is aluminum, right? haven't you tried the alum dissolved in water trick to chemically dissolve the tap and drill?---Brian

I've got a good start on the engine. The front nose is finished, the air cooled cylinder is finished, the cylinder liner is finish. I made a crankcase, but broke off a tap in one hole and a drill bit in another, and wasn't able to them out easily, so I'm re-making the crank case. I'm doing autocad drawing of each part as I make it, with inch dimensions, which is a real pain. The only probem with metrics is when I work on the lathe, and need to crank in a few thou on the dials. So far is is fairly easy to build. Just don't use 6-32 screws unless you have too.

HB and others

There are a number of us who have done this engine. Start your own thread, give us photos and we'll help you when we can.

Most of all enjoy your journey knowing you have our support

Pete

To those that may not have seen it, I'm another one that has built this engine, build log here http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/showthread.php?t=23065

The avatar on the left is my engine.

Paul.

Paul,
Your engine looks good on Avatar. I am still looking for a piece of hard wood to make the base,Lacquer it and put on a prop. Prop now on my PC Desk.
Still messing with the Sander and Power Feed or rather enjoying them like a young kid.

My GrandChildren want battery power pencil sharpener for Christmas. Advised their mum, I will also include lotsa lead pencils too. This is jolly well knowing what we did as young kids with the very first desk mount rotary sharpeners. Lotsa reasons to keep sharpening the pencils too often and too many times.;)

Take Care when driving. Too many drink/drivers on the road for Christama..:rant:. Was stopped by police while driving on the Great Ocean Road for breath test. Your police was quite nice fellow and remarked I did well on breath test. Gus not a day time beer/wine man.

Hi Gus, looks like we both have too many things to work on at once, I recently bought a camping trailer, although it was in pretty good condition, I still wanted to paint it a bit as it had a lot of stone chips on the paintwork. It's given me another project to work on, here's a link to the manufactures web site, http://tracktrailer.com.au/tvan/ although ours is a late 2005 model. There are plenty of off road areas that we want to explore still, been around Australia with a very good off-road caravan checking out the outback areas, but that was a few years ago.

Pencils won't last very long with an electric sharpener, I use to have a hand crank one, it's amazing how fast it eats pencils.

Nothing has changed with the random drink driving checks, probably even more this time of the year, and nowadays looking out for drugged drivers as well. I'm like you, don't drink during the day generally, a beer or wine at night is nice, although with me being on dialysis, my fluid intake is serverly restricted. Police here generally are great, maybe I'm a bit biased as I have 2 sons in the police force.

Paul.

Last edited:
Gus, Model Engine Builder magazine had a design for a nice mag that was quite a bit smaller than the Minimag one, think it was called the Vieti-mag.

J

The John Vietti magneto worked OK but would not start a cold engine. The improved design, by Don Grimm, will. You can find it in Issue # 10 of Model Engine Builder magazine.
Mike Rehmus

Back