Need help to find CARBIDE INSERTS for my boring bar

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larsinist

Reaction score
I got a K1 n25 kennametal hertel 6.52141 r 129 boring bar"see picture" ,and i cant find any info about it, and i cant find the carbide insert for it, what insert can i use?

dreiestål.jpg

dreiestål.jpg2.jpg

Looks like CCMT type to me, look up and check dimensions from the Sandvik site for CCMT060204
(02,04,08 end 2 digits are radius of cutting tip) these are 80 degree angle, you can check the angle of the insert recess in the toolholder to confirm if 80 degrees.
If the included tip angle is 55 degrees the insert could be a DCMT070204 type.

Emgee

This is interesting, if I have to vote I say CCMT but why there is no reference :confused: Numbers go to nowhere, if still no luck go to insert seller and let them figure it out, it's my solution cases like this :D It is very easy to test what fits.

CCMT060204 is number in UK and other EU countries, I see on a Mitsubishi box in the USA ref. number is CCMT 21.51

Emgee

Pretty pricey for a few Zerspanungswerkseuges :D

No, I was linking to the type of insert for the boring bar. These inserts are discontinued a long time ago so you better buy a few when you find one that fits.
If I remeber correct there are only two sizes of the insert, but 3-4 different grades on them.

yea i got them, now i need a boring head..

thanks for help

Lars

Reactions: svk
Back