N.A.M.E.S. 2010

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the number of emails and PM's that I have received on this and other forums about the tables! The numbers of, and sizes of the display and number of items,reserving space etc. et all.

First off I am a Volunteer, I am not a Director, nor do I have any say in what the Board does etc.

What I have been told is an answer to two common questions:

1 THERE ARE NO RESERVED TABLE SPACE OTHER THAN THE VENDOR TABLES!

2 And don't bring everything you own, just your best work.

Please do not contact me about tables.
I WILL NOT HOLD ANY TABLE SPACE FOR ANYBODY!

If you have any question s Please contact the person on the flyer Mike Danko by phone 419-708-1366 or by email the email on the flyer for general info

thanks

Hope some of you fellas take lots of pictures for us guys that can't make it. I've been to several of these shows and really love'm, but just can't justify the expense anymore.

Chuck

Hi fellas - Wish I had a passport so that I too could go to this years N.A.M.E.S. from Ontario, Canada. However I have been to the Ford Museum at Dearborn Michigan 3 times through the years. It is fantastic there. They have trains, planes and automobiles of every description there as well as ALL other collectibles. There is lots of things there for the ladies to look at whilst the men are over at the N.A.M.E.S. show. You should really spend two days at the Ford museum. I usually walk/run through the exhibits in one day but by the end of the day I am dragging my A__. Have a good time. - Billmc

They announced this past week that the village will be open on a daily basis now. The weather looks to be in the low 60's for next weekend high's, and lower 40's as the lows. As well as you can believe the weather guessers!

FOR THOSE COMING TO THE SHOW AND USING A MOTEL THAT IS ON THE LIST, REMEMBER TO MENTION THAT YOU ARE THERE FOR THE N.A.M.E.S. GROUP DISCOUNT.
:big:

PT, is there a list of venders and display people that is available?

There is one that is a list of the tables that the vendors have paid for there is nothing that I have access to. The program booklet is currently at the printers, So the exhibitors packets with the plaque and pin aren't complete yet. There never is an exhibitors list, as there is no preregistration.

There will be around 50 plus vendors, most of the regulars. A couple of the old line regular vendors have sold out to somebody else or not coming this.
Paul Jacobs will not be there due to health reasons, and Myers engine works will not be there due to their move/retirement to FLA. plus a couple more.

Here is the current update
DSCF9518.jpg

Here is the hall A Denude of ice and rink walls, from the second floor balcony.
DSCF9519.jpg

This shot is of the big news the rink management decided to take down the part of the wall and penalty box, in front of the back entry and exit to the dinning room and the smaller vendors area. In the past they always left it up and it has caused a traffic bottle neck in that area.

The exhibitors tables that were in this area, will be moved to the walkway area that was the path to get here. This will make it a lot easier. Than any of the previous years.

Also anybody that is local and has some free time on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and would like to volunteer to help with the set up feel free to come on down to the arena about 9:30 10:am
:D

DSCF9524.jpg

Day one of set up
Setting up the overheard air, and electric supply, wire rope hung between the arena uprights. Divider down the center of vendors row. And sorting air lines

Set up day two
DSCF9530.jpg

Blue covered tables are the exhibitors, and the red covered tables are the vendors.
DSCF9527.jpg

This is the thruway to and from the small vendors area, this area in the past. Was the cause of a lot of complaints, it shouldn't be a problem any more.
DSCF9525.jpg

Looking at the vendors row from the North end.

Day three of the set up
DSCF9535.jpg

Looking down toward the back end of the hall/Rink B
DSCF9533.jpg

Looking to the south end towards the registration tables
DSCF9534.jpg

Floor level looking towards the back or North end, all the piping and air lines are in and reworked from the change from Toledo layout.

Man, you're breaking my heart...

Chuck :'(

I almost missed getting a vendor table this year because I waited too long. My table will be right in the food area. ;D

Don't forget the small group of vendors that are off the main floor by the food!

I am bringing some interesting stuff this year so stop by and see me if you get a chance. Come introduce yourself if we haven't met or say hi if we have already met at a different show. I will also have a nice carnival display run by a steam engine. Let me know you are a member of HMEM and I will give you an extra 5% off.

Executive Model Design

My name is Doug (aka Jadecy)

See you there!

Jadecy said:
I almost missed getting a vendor table this year because I waited too long. My table will be right in the food area
Haven't, forgotten about the area in the small hall, the one photo of set up shows the wide open walk thru this year. It's them old ladies that are using the room for kung fo practice and bingo don't like having their picture taken!

you won't have to worry, about customers Doug. As the current flow will naturally carry all the bodies thru that room.

stevehuckss396 said:
Went down and helped with the air pipe.
Yes you did, and we got all the assorted problems worked out. The compressor that you helped Brian with worked and all the manifolds, and table manifolds got blown out. It was nice putting a face to the name.
;D

Day Four set up
DSCF9552.jpg

From the balcony looking North
DSCF9541.jpg

Southgate Fire Marshall, making his first visit to this years show, as there is a Fire Marshall on duty each day of the week the others will be making a daily visit
DSCF9550.jpg

The small vendors hall, the wall in the background will be open and more vendors after Friday night, there is a fundraiser for some group in there on Friday night.

Here is the cover of the program and the vendors list along with the show schedules Of course all subject to change from Volcanoes and mother nature or man made disasters!;)
File0002.jpg

File0003.jpg

File0004.jpg

You can use the map at the start of this thread for locations

At the show when not actively engaged in doing work, I will be under this hat,a standard top hat.
DSCF9562.jpg

That is if the kitten doesn't eat the sign first ;)

Glen,
I hope you'll keep the posts and pictures coming. They're the next best thing to being there. Thanks.
Dennis

Latest posts

Back