mystery boiler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcr

Reaction score
Hello everybody new to the site which looks great by the way.
Can anybody give a little information on this type of boiler I think it is a variation on an Inglis scotch boiler. photos,drawings,inforation would be most wecome.
Mark

boiler 002.jpg

boiler 003.jpg

boiler 001.jpg

It looks to be a variation on the old style liquid fueled burner, return tube type boilers from the older 20'30's books and magazines. It could be the builders version of a plan's boiler.

If you'd posted pickies on the "English" site MCR someone would have replied earlier. Have you been Cheating with the description?? :big: It looks EXACTLY like the one in "MODEL BOILERS and BOILERMAKING" by K.N. Harris, Page 154, Design No 4, "Boiler of Scotch Marine Type,"INGLIS" Modification" There's . a cross section there so you won't have to cut it in half to see how it works.
Regards Ian.

Thanks for the information so far, I have used the USA site as it seems to have more info on it.
I have seen the page mentioned although I do not have the book yet.
I am yet to seen a completed model and would love to do so
Inglis is as close as I have to identification however a search on google is little help(apart from the benifit of stumbling onto this site)
Thanks again Mark

Latest posts

Back