myford speed 10

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave43

Reaction score
hi folks
following a workshop fire I need to make some bits for the lathe to put it back into use.
all the alloy bits.... guards, pulleys, cross slide nut,compound slide nut,and back nut on lead screw all melted.
so first is the motor pulley anyone got the mesurements or a drawing of this item.

dave.

Hi Dave,
I have the industrial standard Speed 10 out of a technical college...looking at it, it would take quite a lot of heat to melt the parts you mentioned...my immediate thought would be to forgo the idea of making parts and thorougly check out your machine has not warped or twisted from that amount of heat...I would think that any wiring looms would be badly damaged, I may be able to help with drawings...I do not have any dimensions for the motor pulley, I would have to remove it to get them.
All the best for now,
John.

hi john
spent a few months refurbishing and checking out, no warping evident.
made the mistake of tossing the motor in scrap bin before removeing the pulley so if you could tell me the outside diameter of the pulley i will be able to sort out a replacement without you taking your machine apart.

Hi Dave,
good to see its not wrecked...firstly belt depth is 1/4''.
o/d of motor pulley is 3 1/4''
two step pulley...front to back 1 1/2''
large pulley is 2 7/16''at bottom of belt vee
thickness of large pulley is 1/2''
o/d of small pulley is 1 7/8''

I do hope these dimensions can help.
All the best for now,
John.

john
that's just the job thanks great help.
sounds daft but just like restoring things, suppose its 40 years in maintenance
dave.