My Week this Week, My workshop videos

Help Support HMEM:

hermetic

Reaction score
I get the jockey pulley mechanism for the grass deck drive finshed, and really that is the end of the Toro project, apart from paint, alternator bearings, and an annoying oil leak from the sump plug, Will this project never end! Then on Wednesday, Andy comes over fot the day and we start the "antique" trycicle build! Curioser and curioser!!
Phil, The rain has got colder in East Yorkshire

hermetic

Reaction score
I get the trycicle forks Tigged up, but not without problems, the metal is very dirty, and also I didnt notice that the argon was running low, so that probably didn't help, but I could see black nasties bubbling out of the old forgings, not surprising, but we persevered and got there in the end, and then back to the tidy up, which is going really well and will soon be finished, Once I have filtered out the sdrap, and the rubbish, it is on to selling of what I don't need!
Phil, bathed in sunshine in East Yorkshire!

hermetic

Reaction score
A short week due to bank holiday, but lots crammed in to this video, some bench repairs, a homelite strimmer, a karcher K2 pressure wash, and then theres the oil tank swap up at Keiths, replacing the top bearing in the Harrison mill vertical head, and then Richard Kirkman arrives to make a T nut for the topslide of his Colchester Student in order to fit a Quick change toolpost! all these jobs in only four days! A busy week, and lots of fun was had by all!
Phil, Summer at least in East Yorkshire, but the monsoon is coming!

hermetic

Reaction score
Clean all the machines down after Fridays furious T nut machining session, and find out that 304 stainless is not magnetic! then on to the tractor, new bearings go in the alternator, the oil leak gets sorted, and finally strip the grass deck and its operating mechanism for repainting. In the meantime, the heavens open, and Langtoft floods!
Phil, in East Yorkshire, sunny and hot, with occasional floods!

hermetic

Reaction score
I finish the cleanup on all the grass deck parts, and then go up to the field, and repair a Hayter mower, and a westwood garden tractor, the sandblasted deck comes home on Friday, and we get all the priming finished!
Phil, in scorching East Yorkshire

Latest posts