My Week this Week, My workshop videos

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermetic

Reaction score
Hi Chaps, many of you have suggested that I post all my videos in one thread, and I have decided to give it a go and see how it works out. From now on I will post in this thread every week, starting with these offerings. As usual some things go right, and some don't. You do have to be carefull with the Gopro as the tiny touch screen makes it really easy to touch the wrong button without noticing, hence there is a second slideshow of the pics I took when I thought I was shooting video. I think a second camera may be on the cards! Hope you enjoy these, and remember to like, comment, and subscribe! Thanks for watching!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Hi chaps! Not much time spent in the workshop this week, but managed to get a bit done, failures and succeses!¬ and as an added bonus, a car repair, you can't be without a heater this weather! Enjoy, and subscribe if you like it!
Phil
East Yorkshire.

Hi all, as usual, I didnt get s full week in the workshop this week, but fitted s new motor to the old fan housing, which is much more powerful, and very effi9cient, but I heed to modify the flue as well before I can tell if the problem is solved. It certainly works better than it did! Enjoy, like and comment , and as usual thanks to you all for taking an interest in my channel and thanks and welcome to all the new subscribers!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Video link

Hi all, as usual, I didnt get s full week in the workshop this week, but fitted s new motor to the old fan housing, which is much more powerful, and very effi9cient, but I heed to modify the flue as well before I can tell if the problem is solved. It certainly works better than it did! Enjoy, like and comment , and as usual thanks to you all for taking an interest in my channel and thanks and welcome to all the new subscribers!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Video link

My week this week, got a couple of useful days in, and some part days, built up the new flue, but will be fitting it next week weather permitting, tried out a bit of TIG cam, but I need to cover the back of the mask to prevent reflections, so will do some more soon. You really will learn absolutley nothing from my TIG "skills" save to say that I can make a fair job of steel, but find aluminium much harder, which, by all acounts, it is! Thanks for watching and subscribing, leave comments and any questions you may have (why are you such a T*aT) is not a valid question, and anyway, I don't know the answer!
Enjoy, subscribe, laugh!

Phil

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKf...XltBjj7MWtdjWA

Part 2 of the heater build and a couple of videos at the end of a walk in the rain with my daughter, including gratuitous squirrel content, and lots of roaring water! watch, subscribe, like and enjoy!

These pics were taken several years ago on a 6Mp acer CL 6330 point and shoot, I think the odd focus problems are down to me and poor lighting rather than the camera. I took them as a personal record, rather than for publication, but they are what they are! I use a GoPro Hero 5 black for the videos but it also has serious limitations, lack of zoom being the main one.! You being a retired printer maybe means you have a more critical eye for picture defects, and they stand out more than they do to me! No matter, hope you enjoyed it, and thanks for commenting!
Phil
East Yorkshire
UK

Hermetic
My observations were not on your ability or equipment. I think it is just a thing of dated material. I was following and next thing dates appear and I figured you just grabbed you camera and turned it on and started shooting, which I am guilty of. And to remove the dates is a pain, so I try not to date. I enjoy reading about your ventures so don't change it a bit. The Best of a Healthy and Happy New Year.

AH!!! I see what you mean, the problem is that every time I swap the batteries, the date reverts to the one you see on all the pics. The only reason I can think of for this is that the Camera contains a pcb battery to maintain the settings, and it is no longer working. Given the age of the camera, I would not be surprised if this was the case.!
Phil

Hi Guys, part 1 of my workshop rebuild slideshow, I will be putting more up in between videos, and I am back at the workshop from Monday, so expect a video next friday If I can get something interesting done. Monday I will be back out to fit new hoses to the showerpump, as the old ones were leaking, and then seeing if we can solve the other problems Thanks for watching, like, and subscribe of you want, but most of all Enjoy!
Phil
East Yorkshire.

Hi Guys, below is part 2 of my workshop rebuild, the interior of the "Chuch lane end", no video this week as I have been off with sinusitis, a thumping head and a stiff neck, but I am determined to go back next week, so it will probably snow!! like, subscribe and enjoy, any comments and questions welcome!

Phil

East Yorkshire

Hi Guys, part 3 of the workshop rebuild series, actually in the workshop itself. Still quite intensive, but not as difficult or time consuming as the Church lane end. Enjoy, like, subscribe, and be amazed that I actually completed it without having a complete meltdown!!

Back to video this week chaps, part 2 of the workshop tour, Beyond the sliding door! Like subscribe, and enjoy, comments and questions very welcomed!
Phil

Hi Chaps, having mainly recovered from my Lurgi, I am back at work on "light duties" so in the last couple of days, I have been building the new straight flue to try and cure the forge smoking problem. I have built a coupler/ hinge to join the new flue to the old one, and to install and maintain the flue extractor, and so that I can lower the flue in windy weather, as we do get a lot of wind in winter and early spring. There is also a slideshow of rebuilding and upgrading my BEN patents air compressor. Like, comment, subscribe if you want, but above all, Enjoy!!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Hi chaps, got the flue finished and put up this week, and also included my ride home over the Yorkshire wolds, like, subscribe, and enjoy!
Phil
East Yorkshire.
https://youtu.be/qkP69FMS0W4

Well here is an odd offering! have only been to the shop one day this week, as the weather has been very bad, and I am still a bit under it! Here is a job I did a few years ago on a Citroen 2cv, rebuilding the back end with new inner wings and boot floor. Beware of these cars! If you ever drive one, you will want one! They are so much fun, and dead easy to mend, but the downside is, they ROT! Not at all the car I would ever thought I would enjoy driving, just goes to show that performance isn't everything. Like comment subscribe, enjoy!
Phil
East Yorkshire

Hi boys and girls, still not feeling quite right, but almost there! I did nothing this week, due to the storms and the wind howling round, so I have put together a slideshow of one of our late great engineering works, Doxford and Sons, of Sunderland, Marine engine builders. There is a link at the end to a silent colour amatuer film of the works in action. They built their last engine in 1980. Like, comment, subscribe, and as always, enjoy it!
Phil
Determined to get back to work next week cos i'm bored!
East Yorkshire

Latest posts

Back