My peck drilling device

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divided He ad

Reaction score
This is a little getup I designed and built after watching a Youtube demo by Gmark1953 on drilling an orifice (his words)
I liked the idea but had some issues with the holding of the pin vice, I know it is unlikely to draw your hand in with such a small drill bit but could still do some damage... Any damage is too much in my opinion (I get enough cuts at work!!) So without going on for too long here is the my newest vid' ;D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh4L65V1SqQ[/ame]

I know I don't have to tell you to give me your opinions!! :D

Ralph.

Very nicely done!

I love the idea of a peck drill for the tailstock. Very useful.

Now you need a keyless chuck on there and a camlock if you don't already have one.

BTW, many folks will call this a "sensitive drilling attachment".

Cheers,

BW

Thanks BW,Rick and Tim... I'm not into the keyless chuck market just yet... good ones cost too much and I got loads of other stuff to spend on first!

I haven't got a specific purpose for this yet! just saw Gmark1953's vid' and thought of this, so I sat down and drew up a rough plan ordered some materials and build it! (then deconstructed it and redrew it a bit better ;D )
The sensitive drill thing... never heard of that one? Describes me better when it comes to chuck runout !! :big:
I'll have to see if there are any others out there... Bit too late to patent it now... Quite a few people know about it! :D

Think I should put a little more time into engine building now eh?! ;D

Ralph.

FWIW, Lathemaster has inexpensive keyless chucks that are very well made. I've got three of them and they work great. $29 including the arbor.

Cheers,

BW

Bernd, thank you... I do try ;D

BW, wrong side of the pond I'm afraid.... even £15 ($30) is too much at the moment! I'll have to sell some more stuff :)

Ralph.

P.S. What does the FWIW acronym stand for? ???

FWIW = For What It's Worth.

Can't see the device you have made as I'm at work, will look later at home and comment.

Al

Thank you Al, seen this a couple of times but only just thought to ask..... These kids and there new found chat room/text message jargon ::) :big:

Thanks Marv, Tested and favoritised! ;D

Not too sure if I would be confident about that "never be puzzled again" statement.... just stick a few numbers in there! That should do it!! :big:

Ralph.

Back