My man cave

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gus you have some cool tools there... wish I had a drill press! and would love to have a nice view!

看起来不错!是哪个国家生产的?

看起来不错!是哪个国家生产的?

The drill press came from China 2001.Cost me S$120 or Rmb 600.
The lathe and mill came from Japan.Deep down,may be made in China and shipped from Tokyo.

你 好。 我的 汉字 不大 好。我 戴 南京 好久。

My Lucky day. Apple Hanyu Pinyin user friendly. Where about in China you reside.

邓 石 成。

So it didn't take long to get fed up with changing from mill to lathe set ups so I went and got the compound table. It was only £200, but the new shed to store the cables and auto gate parts for work was £600, so note exactly the bargain I told the good lady wife it would be :-/ Now all I have to do is figure out how to use the rotary table

image-762711622.jpg

image-3628799722.jpg

So it didn't take long to get fed up with changing from mill to lathe set ups so I went and got the compound table. It was only £200, but the new shed to store the cables and auto gate parts for work was £600, so note exactly the bargain I told the good lady wife it would be :-/ Now all I have to do is figure out how to use the rotary table

Hi Tuscan,

200 Pounds for the compund table n RTable.Thats a good buy.

Here in Singapore,just the RT would costS$400 for a Japanese RT and $300 for a Chinese or Indian RT. So I made my own RT for S$50 for the worm n wheel and use cut-off Aluminium bars.

That was just for the compound table. I had just centred the rotary so didn't want to take it of for a picture. Still it doesn't half make life easier with it of the lathe.

Looks like a really nice setup. I started with a smithy 1220 lookalike like wolframore and I think it was a great option for getting started. After about 3 years, I have just traded up to a bigger lathe and a Seig X3 mill in the last couple of weeks. It kinda came about because I started to enjoy stuffing about with my machine but did not think it was the right platform to add a DRO to. Yours looks a bit better than my starter and being able to separate the mill gave you a great upgrade path.

Wow that's cool... transformed into two machines. Yep... mine's a starter... never machined before in my life. I'm liking the lathe on my 3 in 1. I think a dedicated Mill would definitely be useful. It's not just the set up... the size constraint is quite limiting.

Nice set-up Tuscan8. I'm just up the road from you in Hemel. No machine tools yet, got to get a job 1st :-( ,but when i'm up and running we could maybe do a UK team build or go halves on some barstock to save costs.

Hi Woodster

Yes you are close, hope the job search goes well what are you looking for ? Defiantly a plan with the materials, can't believe the cost of it. Try Metals4u and not the model suppliers as its much cheaper when you get started.

Steve

Latest posts

Back