My favorite hammer

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share one of my tools here. It's a hammer that I made fairly quickly out of a piece of 1" brass shafting. It measures about 3" long and has a couple of decorative grooves turned in it. The hole to mount it on is, I think, 5/8". This hammer is great for "fine adjusting". I made this one over 10 years ago and it has served without complaints:eek:)

CIMG0624.jpg

Have a great day, Wesley

Very cool.

I think everyone is going to get shop made gifts from me for Christmas this year. I was thinking of doing a brass hammer for a few.

Eric

Many moons ago I visited my father at work (British Rail). Watching him working he asked me to pass him the small hammer from his tool box - after hunting for a while I had to confess the only one I could see was a 4 pound club hammer- that's the one he said!

Mind he was attaching a tender to an engine at the time with a nut that must have been almost 2 foot in diameter. The ring/box spanner to do it up was taller than I was at that time.

I still have his favourite screwdriver which is fitted with a 2 foot long section of shunting pole as a handle - Unscrews most things (or shears off the head)

I'm sure your wife will love one Eric LOL!

Wes

Here are a couple of hammers the kids made at school in the shop classes I have been volunteering
at for the last 5 or 6 yrs. The simple one is the beginners and the other the advanced class.
...lew
2006_1004_142958AA.jpg

2006_0913_122802AA.jpg

2006_0913_122901AA.jpg

Latest posts

Back