My belated intro

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombstone

Reaction score
Hi everybody
Here is my belated intro, I came across this site after searching for info on Whittle V8 which I started making in Dec 2009 this is my 1st model engineering project of any kind and was started after having had the machinery shown in some of the pics I have posted for about 4 years and hardly used, my son shares it with me, it is also the 1st hands on engineering I have done for about 30 years. I have been in aerospace sub con all my working life at 21 I was given my first job as a single spindle cam auto setter which I did for about 15 years the last 6 or 7 years included doing the cam design for a range of Index m/c’s . The last 23 years was in a planning dept as nc programmer & new product introduction which included time estimate, manufacturing process & new tooling requirements & if quote accepted produce nc program & tape prove up to 1st off stage. This was mainly small turned parts (up to 65mm)on twin spindle twin turret 8 axis mill turn machines and a short spell 5axis milling on Matsuura mills the parts range was Airbus to JSF fighter prototype & engine parts. As I said the last hands on experience was when I finished as auto setter so the last 6 months has been steep re-learning curve with a lot of metal going in the scrap bin.
The site has brilliant threads & there is not enough time to read what I would like to & still cut metal + look after grandchildren during the week.
All the best
Ray

The site has brilliant threads & there is not enough time to read what I would like to & still cut metal.

[/quote]

Welcome Ray, and I can't agree with you more! I could spend 4 hours a day just gleaning machining information and another 4 hours a day checking out the fantastic builds and I don't even have Grandkids. :)

Cheers,
Chazz

Welcome to HMEM.
wEc1
The more Whittle V8s the better.
Looks like you have a very good background to handle the project.

Gail in NM

Welcome. Hope you'll post some pictures as you go along.
Dennis

Welcome aboard wEc1

This forum is made up of a great bunch of guys who are very willing to share what they know.

Please keep us posted th_wwp

SAM

Latest posts

Back