MT3 Face Mill Supplier

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chazz

Reaction score
Greetings, I have a Craftex CT129N Mill with a MT3 Spindle, if it is possible to run a 2 ~ 3" face mill, I can't seem to locate any MT3 Face Mill holders? Just single point fly cutters or face mills requiring R8 and up spindles?

Tnx
Chazz

Thanks, I'm in Canada (Yellowknife, NT) and I emailed Glanze direct to see if they have a Canadian Distributor.

Chazz

I actually got one a few months ago and I found the price right, however the stock inserts left a little to be desired but that is an easy fix. :)

I also realise (IMHO) that the three cutters really put a demand on the stock .75HP motor. (Blew 3 fuses playing with feeds and depth of cut ;D)

One of my still-to-do mods is swap out the bearings, (I already changed the bearings and gib strips on the x y table and column) as well as change to belt drive and up the motor to 1 HP.

Cheers,
Chazz

P.S. Have one for me at Dick Turpins or the Misty Moon, if they are still there. Was in HFX during my Navy days.

Back