Morse taper collets

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maryak said:
Thanks Guys :bow: :bow:

There's an old Navy saying along the lines of :

I joined the Navy for Wine Women and Song

All I got was Rum Bum and Bull$h1t

Obviously the last line works for me :p

Best Regards
Bob

;D

Dam....I recieved my MT3 collets today with M12 thread..
I thought my drawbars were 3/8ths M10 and M12....looks like the M12 is 1/2 inch :wall:

Does anyone know where i can get a M12 drawbar for a Sieg SX2 mini mill in the UK?
If it helps the drawbar measures 104mm form the bottom of the thread to the bottom of the head..

Buy a hunk of M12 all thread and make one from that - run two nuts on the upper end and lock 'em together, cross pin one if you want to really secure it! The all thread will be/is plenty strong enough for drawbar purposes.

I've only ever used MT3 Collets in my two mills - currently using a VMC - and never had any issues. And yes to the above, I made a draw bar from M12 threaded rod. For ejecting the collets a copper & hide hammer comes in handy ... ;D A while back I started collecting ER32 collets for use in the lathe so I will get round to buying a MT3 ER32 chuck for the mill at some point!

Vic.

G'day all
Thought I would bump this thread to ask if anyone has used or tried to run, No3 Morse taper collets, with the aid of an adaptive arbor, in an NT30 spindle?

When I bought both the mill & lathe, the mill came with a collet chuck & 6 collets, but when I tried to purchase more collets, could not find any that fit and so I have to buy a new collet chuck and collets.
I have both a HM50 mill with NT30 spindle and a AL960B lathe with No4 Morse tapered bore.The lathe also came with an No4 to No3 Morse adapter and my hope was to kill two bird with one stone. While it is not perfect, I would like to try and get away with, only having to buy one set of collets for both machines.

What is your thoughts?
Does anyone run MT3 in NT30?
Does anyone run MT3 collets with a sleeve in their lathe?

Eddie

Latest posts

Back