More Odds and Ends parts and pieces

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugnut

Reaction score
I didn't get any photos of the fly wheels while I was making them. They took all my concentration and damn near skunked me. I bought some Cold rolled disks on ebay that were 5" dia. and 1.78" thick and sawed them in half with my saw. Turned them to shape on the lathe and then found that drilling the 1" holes in them was more than my mini mill would handle. Had to use drill press.

no photos of making the block or piston and rings either, but here is the results.

DSC01356007.jpg

DSC01357008.jpg

DSC01360011.jpg

I try to show photos of making the gears next
Mel

looking good mel.............just one question though.......do you ever sleep or for that matter do you ever leave the shop???? ??? :eek: ;D :D ;)

Chuck, I leave the shop. this project is been going on for a month now and I'm just getting around to posting some photos after Rick badmouthed me into some photos after I was bragging about cutting my first gears.
My wife thinks I spend too much time in the shop, But thats all I have to do. The garbage man only comes once a week and the lawn only needs mowed about every 10 days. Nothing else to do.
Mel

Mel,

You're really doing a nice job with this engine.

Chuck

The profile on the big end of the con rod is very attractive. Was it done with a ball end mill or what? Would be interested in the process used. Beautiful engine.

lugnut said:
I'm just getting around to posting some photos after Rick badmouthed me into some photos after I was bragging about cutting my first gears.

Mel

LOL
That wasn't intended to be a badmouth comment, but I must say I'm
enjoying seeing the pictures!

Nice work!

Rick

chiliviking, The turning your referring to on the rod was done with ball end mill using about (only not so fancy) the same method that Cedge used on the side arms on his sweet little water pressure engine.
Mel

Back