Modlel ignition coils

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnay

Reaction score
I just finished up my Small Coles Hit and Miss. It runs great on a full size automotive ignition coil.
I read in Bob Shores book that he recommended the Modelectric brand miniature coils.

Does anyone know where to purchase those or have another recomendation?

Larry Davidson sells a small coil, has anyone used his before?

thanks in advance for you suggestions and help

Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

The Modelectric coil is no longer with us, unless you can get old stock.

Noy knowing where you live, I can't give you the correct links to follow, but there are a few ones about that from the reports over the years are very good replacements for the Modelectric.

The 'Exciter' range seems to be about the most popular, but are rather expensive.

Bogs

Thanks for the help and advice. By the way, I am located in Salt Lake City, Utah

anybody else out here in our neck of the woods??

Mike

I really do know how to spell "Model", just a slip of the finger!!!!!!

If you want to buy a ready-made system, you might consider S/S Machine & Engineering, LLC. Their web address is http://www.cncengines.com/

All who have purchased from this company speak highly of their products and the good service.

There is a YouTube clip showing an ignition system in use on a hit n miss engine using a system from this company. It would seem that the demonstrator is not linked to S/S.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Back