Mistakes - Errors - F*&k Ups!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rick

that's OK mate for a while i was a officer ( made major ! :eek: )
major what? disaster, problem, screw up, PITA (especially to CDFS :p ) heard em all
:big: :big: :big:

got out for a while but when i went back had the sense to resign the commission and go back to being a seargent , i like the Field and being on the spot ( and the CDFS was never so happy either)

OTS was a waste on someone like me, once a grunt always a grunt ( infantry )

retired rank is WO 2ND class = to company/squadron sgtmjr in the US and happy that way

cheers eh (Sir!) ;)

Good grief! So many former officers! Guess I should throw my brief tenure as a 2lt (aka: butter bar) in for a laugh as well. You know "Nothing so dangerous in the field as a 2lt with a compass" and all that. Thankfully for all concerned, that tenure was extremely brief. :D

Best regards,

Kludge

Stuff ups? One of these days I'll tell y'awl about the pound or so of molten aluminium that I managed to explode in me face. :(

Tel,
I was lucky not to be injured when a 60# plus pot of molten lead blew up in front of me! I was adding more lead to the pot to bring the level back to the top and noticed a difference in the color of the lead. Apparently water had gotten in my lead.
I blocked the pot with the coffee can that I was pouring out of and turned my face in time. The lead got all the way to the ceiling.
Shook me up for a while.
Fred

Latest posts

Back