• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mini lathe and mill in south africa

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zea

Reaction score
Hi, I would like to buy a mini lathe and milling machine for my dad, who is a retiring mechanic. He is really interested in manufacturing miniature engines. I have trouble finding new machines in South Africa, or even shipment to South Africa. (Everything i can find is in the UK or USA and then the shipment is almost just as much as the cost of the machine.)
Does anyone have some advise for me?

Hi HerbieV,

Thank you, I have contacted them. Will keep you up to date if I do come right. Hopefully I can soon start posting some of the little engines my dad has designed so far...:)

Hi, I would like to buy a mini lathe and milling machine for my dad, who is a retiring mechanic. He is really interested in manufacturing miniature engines. I have trouble finding new machines in South Africa, or even shipment to South Africa. (Everything i can find is in the UK or USA and then the shipment is almost just as much as the cost of the machine.) Does anyone have some advise for me?

Sounds like a business opportunity. Import a shipping container full and sell for profit.

That being said you may want to contact the manufactures directly to see if they will ship in units of one. I'm under the impression many do ship hardware in units of one. For larger machines that would be more or less normal.

Back