Milling cutters

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kludge

My good friend Tom at Dashto sent me a cute little package, a set of 24 milling cutters for a watchmaker's lathe. These will go extremely well on one of the accessories I have for the watchmaker's lathes. While the cutters can be used for a variety of things, what I see is a large number specifically made as wheel (gear) cutters.

Wheel cutting on a watchmaker's althe is a labor-intensive operation with each tooth cut individually while the blank is rotated and locked in place with an index plate. While watchmaker's lathes have indexing built in to the headstock, there are also separate index attachments including ones that attach to the cross slide (where the milling accessory usually is) with the cutters mounted on the headstock instead. The end result is the same either way, only with the milling attachment I have, the milling tool can be angled so the cutters can be used for a variety of other tasks.

Once I have macro optics for the Canon, I'll post pictures. I've tried with the optics I have and it simply doesn't work.

In other news, I now have a bunch of N-scale wheel sets, N scale railroad spikes, some really cool 1/8" & 3/16" brass square & hex stock, and some O-1 drill rod for taps & dies - mostly dies right now.

This is fun, right?

Best regards,

Kludge ... who also has 15 more cigar boxes in which to keep things.

Ah model railroad stuff! I am waiting for the pictures!

Latest posts

Back