Michael Pershinsky's Associated Hired Man

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chads

Reaction score
I just wanted to share a few pictures of my first engine. I just have to add an ignition system and see if she runs.

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

engine3.jpg

That's a great job for a first engine. Look very nice
And like I said "when it's beautifull that's run certainly perfectly"
:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks guys. That means a lot to me as I appreciate the talent I have seen on this website.

It is true though that it will only be a masterpiece when it finally runs. I just made up a fuel tank and will be trying it hopefully by the weekend. It has great compression and as far as I can tell the valves are not leaking at all. Fuel and spark should bring it to life. I will post a video of the first run :)

Wow!! That's a beauty chads. What did or will you choose for an ignition system...just curious?

Bill

I have decided to use a buzz coil and microswitch for now. The micro switch is connected to the negative 12v side and the current draw shouldnt be a problem.

Here is a picture of the plug I made. If you look closely you can see the nice spark the coil is putting out.

IMG_20110123_193806.jpg

Now that's what I call a "looooong reach plug!!" Looking forward to seeing it run as I'm sure you are too ;)

Bill

Hahaha. Yeah it is :big: Thanks Bill.

Excellent job for a first engine.

If it were mine I'd loose the socket head screws and fettle the castings a bit more to remove the mould seams and dymo lables.

J

I plan on cleaning up the castings when I tear it down for painting. As for the bolts, I agree that hex head would look a lot nicer. My hardware store didnt have anything in 8-32 hex head so I went with socket head. I suppose I could make studs and do it that way also...

Chads,

Beautiful work. :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Having the carb higher than the carb is definitly a no no on this type of engine where there is no float and needle to shut off the flow of gasoline automatically. I learned that by bitter experience while trying to get my Kerzel engine to run. It would do the same as yours. Start, run good for about 30 deconds then die out. Once I dropped the tank so that when full the top of the fuel was at about the center of the carb height, it fixed my problem. Gas does run down hill, and floods your engine. There is enough vacuum created by the venturi effect in the carb to pull the gas up a bit to the level of the needle valve.---Brian

Its ALIVE....nice video chads, even if short. Sounds just like the real thing too. I hope Brian's suggestion will resolve the short run time issue...sure sounds logical to me given the symptoms you describe.

Bill

Chads, nice job on the engine. I am currently almost finished the air cooled version of this engine, I also plan to run it on propane.

MartinH

Hello Chads,

Very impressive first engine! Looks very nicely done and even the short video it sounds great - really like the H&M engines.

Looking forward to the video of it running without problems.

Best,
Mike

:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-AtQxa04ss[/ame]

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-AtQxa04ss[/youtube]

chads,nice job and sounds good. are you going to paint it or powder coat it . again good job jonesie

Hello Chads,

Great job and great sounding motor - congratulations!

Best,
Mike

Latest posts

Back